Monday, February 15, 2010

What’s New in Spokane

Well things have not changed much since last time I wrote.  Still unemployed, still desperately seeking work, and still damn good looking.  Ahaha…couldn’t resist that one!

I guess I’ll start by telling you about my trip to Addy the other week.  It was fairly uneventful to say the least.  I did learn some interesting facts about grape growing, limestone, and the correlation between the two.  I would have to say the highlight of the trip was when I saw a moose in the woods, and no one else did:)  It was a small moose, but a moose none the less.

The last week or so has been a rather interesting and heart wrenching week.  On Super Bowl Sunday my 39 year old Uncle suffered a massive stroke and was hospitalized.  I found out the following day, right before my good friend told me her Grandmother had died.  Her tragedy was step two of a five step process that was sure to ruin her week.  I won’t go into details of her personal life.  Needless to say I have spent many days as of late just “being there” for her.  Which in all honesty I believe was the best way I could ever spend my time. 

Friday and Saturday held some fun and excitement.  I drove an hour South to a little town called Palouse, WA.  There I spent time hanging with my good friend Deanna and her wonderful family of Veterinary Medicine Miracles and Enigmas.  To be a little clear, she has two 3 legged dogs, another that is allergic to human dander, a half retarded cat (literally folks…no joke), and another one that just has issues.  With all there issues they are the oddest looking bunch.  But also one of the most wonderful collection of animals you’ll find.  So, we spent our days hanging out together and at the dog park in Moscow Idaho.  It was an awesome time.

That pretty much sums up what’s up.  A few more potential job prospects have floated my way and I’ve been diligently following up on them.  When any news on that front brakes I’ll let you know.  Till next time tata!

1 comment:

  1. Sorry the job hunt has been so rough. But at least you saw a moose!

    That's an interesting assortment of animals. Hope the next week is better, both for you and everybody else. Miss ya, man.

    chris

    ReplyDelete